All participants are required to read and understand the rules and regulations below before registering for the Borobudur Marathon 2018.
- Race categories offered in this race are Marathon (42.195K) Open, Full Marathon (42.195K) National, Half Marathon (21.0975K) Open, Half Marathon (21.0975K) National, 10K Open, 10K National.
- Indonesian & foreign nationals can register for this race.
- Podium for Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K Open are Indonesian & Foreign, but for Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K National only Indonesian citizens are entitled to winning podiums.
- Prizes are given to both Male and Female each category.
- Minimum age requirement for Marathon is eighteen years old (born in 2000), for Half Marathon is sixteen years old (born in 2002), 10K is fourteen years old (born in 2004), and Marathon National Master 40+ category for participants who are 40 years old or older on December 31, 2018.
- Participants who are under the age of eighteen (18) on race day are required to submit a parental consent letter. A format of the letter can be downloaded HERE.
- Marshaling will be conducted throughout the race to ensure race rules and regulations are followed.
- Participants are advised to solicit medical advice from doctor if they are in doubt of their health condition prior to taking part in the race.
- Participants acknowledge and accept that their participation in this race carry a potential risk that can result in injury, disability, even death.
- Race registration is final and cannot be transferred. Registration to this race means participant accepts fully the rules and regulations stated. Participant who transferred his/her bib number is subject to disqualification from the race.
- Registration fee is non-refundable. Race organizer reserves the right to turn down confirmed registration if any information on entry form is proved to be false.
- Should the event be cancelled due to circumstance beyond the control of the Organizer (including heavy rain, thunder storm, natural disaster or public rally/demonstration), there shall be no refund of the entry fees paid and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within event time requirement (7 hours for Marathon, 4 hours for Half Marathon, and 2 hours for 10K)
- The submission of online registration form is considered as an acknowledgement and acceptance of the race rules and regulations
- Confirmed registration will be sent after payment is accepted and a registration ID number is issued.
- Race organizer reserves the rights to close the registration before the registration deadline when the race quota is filled.
- The Participant agrees to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form. The Organizers may contact the Participant from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organizers shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
- The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
- Participant race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person.
- Sale and/or transfer of race entry/bibs is strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- Bibs must be collected on:
Thursday and Friday, 15-16 November 2018 at 10:00 – 20:00 WIB & Saturday, 17 November 2018 at 10.00 – 18.00 WIB
- Location of the Race Pack Collection will be at the Semanggi Ballroom, Mal Artos – Magelang.
- Bib number will be given upon the submission of race registration confirmation and identification card. Bib number must be clearly visible during the race.
- Race pack cannot be mailed and cannot be collected on race day.
- If a participant is found to have registered for two different categories under the same name, organizer reserves the right to withhold one of the bib numbers, and may provide participant with a second race shirt upon request.
- Bibs and race pack can be collected by a representative by presenting the registration confirmation, signed authorization form and a copy of the participant’s ID (KTP). You can download the authorization form HERE
- A representative may collect a maximum of three (3) race packs in one (1) queue.
- Participants are allowed to start according to the start time of the category and the maximum limit starts up to 10 minutes after Gun Start
- Participant who is found to commit unsportsmanlike conduct that includes but not limited to: blocking, obstructing other participants and/or the run course will be automatically disqualified from the race.
- Hydration stations will be available along the course and at the finish line. Fruit station will be available at the finish line
- NO UNOFFICIAL VEHICLES, BIKES, IN-LINE SKATES, SKATEBOARDS, BABY JOGGERS, PRAMS (OF ANY DESCRIPTION) WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE COURSE
- Race time will be displayed at the start and finish line. Participants are allowed to complete the course in seven (7) hours for Marathon, four (4) hours for Half Marathon, and two (2) hours for 10K.
- The Committee will enforce Cut Off Points in several race categories, among others:
Cut Off Point Marathon Category:
Cut off time at KM 21.1 at 09:00 WIB / 4 hours after Marathon start. Marathon participants who arrive at KM 21.1 after 09:00 will be stopped from the race and will be escorted using the vehicle to the race center.
Cut off time at KM 35 at 11:00 WIB / 6 hours after Marathon start. Marathon participants who arrive at KM 35 after 11:00 will be stopped from the race and will be escorted using the vehicle to the race center.
Cut Off Point Half Marathon Category:
Cut off time at KM 15 at 08:30 WIB / 3 hours after starting Half Marathon. Half Marathon participants who arrive at KM 15 after 08:30 will be stopped from the race and will be escorted using the vehicle to the race center.
- All participants who are subject to Cut-off Time and Cut-off Points are declared as not completing the race and are not entitled to get the finisher medal, or the finisher tee.
- Road safety is under control of the Police Department, Transportation Services. Medical services are provided by the race organizer in corporation with local hospitals and care takers. Medical personnel are allowed to stop participants they see medically unable to continue the race.
- Timekeeping will be prepared for every category. All participants will be given a timing chip to be worn on their shoes. Check points will be placed at the start/finish line, and a designated timing point. Participants who failed to follow the race course will be disqualified from the race.
- Race winners must wear own timing chip and bib number. Winners must provide proof of identification to redeem the prize.
- Winner who cannot provide proof of identification is subject to disqualification and may not redeem the prize
- Runners expressly and exclusively grant race organizers and its assigns, the irrevocable right to use a runner’s name, likeness, biography, factually or otherwise in connection with the production, the distribution and exploitation of the pictures related to the running event, world-wide in any and all devices and media.
- Organizer has the right to change the rules and regulations at any time without any prior notice
- Other things that have not been listed in this regulation will be determined later .